background

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rece is born!

On March 2nd I became a mommy! I was talking to my doctor on March 1st and he said that I was in the beginning stages of preeclampsia and he wanted to admit me to the hospital that night in order to start the process of inducing labor. We called all the grandparents and let them know a new grandbaby would be here the next day and they hit the road! We checked in to the hospital and I received my first dose of medicine at 10 pm and went into labor not long after. After over 15 hours of labor and 2 and a half hours of pushing, Rece Elijah Gilliland arrived at 2:37 pm. He was 7 lbs and 6 oz and was 19 1/2 " long. We were so blessed to have our parents there and my sister Lindsey to meet the little guy!

The Proud Grandparents and Parents not long after the arrival of our bundle of joy!
 First Family Photo.... At least my boys look good!
Pa says hello to Rece
Getting our temperature taken... he decided to help!
 Proud New Daddy!
Our nurse and friends Matt and Colleen Wise


 On our way home from the hospital!
Bonding with daddy!
My 3 boys!!
 Our little glowworm
Aunt Erin and Uncle Vic come to visit
Aunt Jen and Uncle Brent stop by too!
This picture sums up the last few weeks...
God has blessed me with an amazing husband! He has been so attentive and supportive that he has made any frustration of being a new mom quicly disappear. I have also been blessed to have a baby that has really been easy to work with. Rece has been great at getting set on a schedule for feedings and he really naps well! Motherhood has been such an unusual experience.... so many new things to learn and so many things that are different and new compared to your life previous to having a baby! Looking at this sweet baby, I understand now that with all the frustration you can experience as a new mother, God gives you such a perfect sweet baby to look at and realized he is yours....it causes everything else in the world to melt away!
6384

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

How happy you have made us! We love you all beyond words!
Granna and Papa