background

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Before and Bath-fter

A promise is a promise..... no matter how long it takes! I have been working on getting our house unpacked and organized and orderly and it of course, is taking me longer than I hoped. But I have decided, now that I have started working full time, that I will make one room my focus each week and then slowly but surely will be finished! hopefully!

So on to room one! as you can see, I have cleverly indicated which room we will start with - the guest bath! Coincidentally this room is my favorite in the house now. When we looked at the house, I asked if I could paint the bathrooms because the wallpaper just didn't match my bath stuff or my personal taste! They told us that would be fine as long as I stripped the wall paper..... Easy enough, I thought. First off, if you ever watch those youtube instructionals on stripping wallpaper, they are messing with you when they say it is easy and then show you how easy it is! Let's just say, Amanda almost quit until her husband accused her of being a quitter. So lets just say, I got a little fired up and continued with the challenge!

When it came to picking out the paint, the problem is, sometimes I am not so sure of my personal taste! normally I would have been very plain, neutral, and safe. But I chose a color way more bold than I ever thought I would be. (PS, the color probably isn't that bold for most people but it was definitely a gamble for me!) Hope you enjoy the extreme home makeover photos. I also included the view of my hallway from the bath and from the foyer because it is one of the few walls that has art on them! More to come... once I get motivated to keep cleaning!
The guest bath with the wallpaper still on...

The transformation.... our vanity! You'll notice the two mirrors are different. I had the white mirror in my apartment and thought it would be really cute with this fun color!

The shower and toilet area...
The view from the entrance....The view of our hallway from the foyer.... I hung the pics on the wall myself!View down the hall from the bath entrance.....So, this concludes my first installment of the house before and afters! I hope you enjoyed it! I really enjoyed putting it together!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute. Good job! Bringing the cute back. Do you have Photoshop? How are you getting your photos to do that, and how do you add text to the photo? Love that.

Laura said...

Love it! Where are you working and what does your husband do? Here's a tip. The best way to strip wall paper is put a mixture of vinegar and water in a spray bottle. Score the wall first and then spray away. Let it sit for a while and it's easier to come off.

Amanda said...

ok, secret weapon for pics ladies is picnik.com. it is free and you can click on the create tab and add all sorts of cool effects, text and frames. Now, for collages like my blog header I use scrapblog.com and you can make online scrapbook pages that can be exported to a jpeg file!

Amanda said...

ok, laura, we are in statesboro and brett and I are working at Georgia southern university. he is one of the assitant football coaches, coaching B-backs!

now, about the vinegar, did all of that, stunk up my house, and I was ripping sheetrock! it was a nightmare! I had seen online someone said use dawn dish soap so I tried it and it started coming off in sheets! made my life easier!

Terri said...

love love love the blue bathroom! i want to do a blue and white bathroom now!!

Kathy G said...

The bathroom looks great! What a change! Very inviting--can't wait to see it in person! You are amazing, and I love you so! You are truly God's gift to my precious son! What a wonderful coach's wife you are--God's woman--exactly what I prayed for!

Unknown said...

Really love the color!