background

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Drafting....

A couple weekends ago... I found myself turning into a DUDE. I watched or listened to every second of the NFL Draft. Brett and I knew 4 players from Georgia Tech that declared themselves eligible for the draft. They all got drafted to great teams and one, Jon Dwyer, was Brett's player for the last 2 seasons. We became closer with Jon in the last season we were there and getting to know these players was what made it so hard to wrap my head around leaving Georgia Tech. Brett and I drove up to Atlanta that very rainy saturday to see Jon and congratulate him on living out his dream! We also were able to catch up with some other players we knew... Roddy Jones and Tyler Melton, both of which are still at Tech and we will be watching their Football careers very closely this season!

Brett and Jon Showing off their ACC Championship rings... We were the only ones that were sporting a Steelers cap... and we brought Jon his first!

Hanging out with Roddy and Tyler!
Gangsters.
Enjoyed seeing Jon and his whole family! Can't wait to see him run people over "Bettis the Bus" Style!

1 comment:

Kathy G said...

Great pictures! We are so proud of Jon! I love the Steelers hats. His family has been such an inspiration to us! Their love for the Lord has brought a special bond to us all. Go Jon! Go Steelers!