background

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

"Manicures and Pedicures Solve Most Large Problems"

The title of this post may seem unusual. I give all the credit to my friend Rachel Brown. We were talking about someone I know going through a stressful time. I mentioned that I needed to tell that person to just go get a pedicure and take their mind off the stress for a little bit. Rachel responded back, "Manis and Pedis do solve most large problems!"
Rachel is a Football Coaches wife too. She was one of the first people I called when we found out we would be moving to Statesboro. I had been telling people, "we are probably moving to Statesboro" even after Brett had accepted the job and was on the road for more than a week recruiting for Georgia Southern! I was mentally in denial! Rachel was the best person to talk to because she had already moved at least twice if not more than that! I needed to talk to a person who knew exactly how I felt and could tell me that even though I felt weird, I wasn't. I also remember that she told me, "now, when you get there and you have been doing the thankless job of unpacking boxes and you expect your husband or anyone else to say thank you or good job when you need them to.... they won't. So when you need that break and that thank you, TREAT YOURSELF! Take off and get a Mani/Pedi girl!"
So, I did.
I got my pedicure.
Funny how we use the maniCURE and pediCURE to CURE our stress. Sometimes it is the worst possible moment... and something so small yet, so personal, like a foot massage, can help us diffuse whatever is bothering us! Taking time out and really allowing ourselves to step away from a situation makes things so much better.
1 Peter 5:6-7 and 10-11 says, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. ... And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen."
Manicures and Pedicures do solve most large problems..... or, at least they are a sign that we have managed our priorities in a way that honors God and follows His Word... and by managed I mean given our lives in every way over to Christ.
Casting, or like I see it, throwing with all your might, all your anxiety on Him is a calling on our lives. All means ALL, not some. Let Him take on the weight of that stress and worry. Take a moment, allow Christ Himself to restore you after this "short time of suffering", and get a mani/pedi "for He Cares for you."
4109

No comments: