background

Friday, February 26, 2010

before and Bath-fter part 2!

The second bathroom was not as hard in the wallpaper stripping area.... I started the prepare the paper and when I removed a tub strip the owners had put on the top (you may see it in the shower picture below) it all started to peel off with no water or preparation! I ended up stripping the paper in this bathroom by hand, but then I had to learn how to repair sheetrock giving me another home improvement skill on my resume! The wallpaper was off-white with a watermark pattern.... not too offensive, but the paint looks way better!


I went back to my play-it-safe roots and went with a khaki color for this room. I figured, it's the master bath of a house we are renting so I wanted to keep it pretty neutral so it would still be a room that they wouldn't have to change. I love it!
Now my dillema is that I have a shower curtain in my guest bath that has tan and black in it... do I move the guest bath curtain and rugs into the master? Then my Green curtain that is currently in the master wouldn't go with the blue bath. Then I would have to buy a new shower curtain. Oh decisions, decisions! For now, I am just glad I got the bathroom painted and clean! Now on to the rest of the house!
Master Bedroom is in the works. Pictures should be ready soon!

3683

1 comment:

The Solomons said...

So Amanda, can I hire to you come do something with my house? Great job!