background

Friday, August 20, 2010

I will not be shaken....

Ok, it's been a while... I guess. Not that anyone reads my ramblings, but I did get a facebook message reprimanding me for being so anti social.... so here we are!

Lots of news to report!

1) Brett has coordinated his first summer high school camps... I am so proud!
2) Brett and I have survived our first Georgia Southern University Fall Camp! Long days, 7 days a week, injuries, sweat, and lots of coaching!
3) and last but not least, I found out I was pregnant! I will post some updates on this, including the surprise video where we broke the news to the Grandmothers to be! We are due March 8th and so excited!

I will catch you up on everything we were doing... but first a Word I was given and am so excited to share!

Psalm 16:8 - I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.
Lately I have been finding myself more fatigued, more willing to go straight to bed when I get home. I know some is from the pregnancy, but I have looked back and realized alot of it is stemming from stress. I have been so overloaded with pregnancy stress, work worries, concern over Brett's team...stressed about all of it a little more than necessary. I think instead of looking inward at that feeling and speaking against it, I have felt that avoiding it could be easier.
Today I opened up my favorite Bible website biblegateway.com and it was Psalm 16:8. I meditated on this verse and felt so at peace. Have you ever gone into a dark room with someone and felt a little nervous and said to your friend, "you go first!"? I just imagined what David described in Psalm 23, the shadow of the valley of death.... In life we have times when we walk in shadows of the world. Like David continues, we should "fear no evil for [God] is with us."
Psalm 16:8 puts this same concept into words:
I have set the Lord always before me. - "God, you go first, go before me, be the focus of my direction, be the one positive thing I keep my eyes on when everything around me is dark and causes stress, doubt, and fear."
Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. - "I am so glad I don't have to go it alone, Lord. Having you at my side calms me in every way. Nothing can overcome this confidence and peace I have with you surrounding me. I will stand firm in You."
The rest of chapter 16 beginning to end is uplifting. I hope you will read it. I realized that God wants me to hide behind Him. He wants to be my shield, my confidence, my strength. His perfect love casts out all fear, all shakiness, all doubt.
Send the Lord in before you in all situations.
4993

2 comments:

Kathy G said...

This is why I love you so--God's precious daughter consumed in His love letter! Thank you for the reminder of His position in times of stress and difficulty! How comforting to know that our little precious baby is God's perfect plan for your lives! I love you all and miss you so much!

The Solomons said...

We are so happy for ya'll and you are in our prayers. Go Deisel!