background

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Josh's Aunt from Honduras' authentic south of the border guacamole!

So, Here is my Brother in Law Josh:
Josh is a pretty happy guy, very friendly, and as I have come to know him he is almost a renaissance man. He is an engineer doing top secret things for our air force.... but I have come to find he has many talents including cooking!
Tuesday, I read that my baby was the size of an Avacado... then I started craving Avacado... on my Turkey burger, on my sandwich, and finally in the form of guacamole! I called Josh. Josh has made guacamole for me before and it was delicious and I knew he had a killer recipe. He was nice enough to call me back and talk through it with me, reminding me that the recipe is actually from his aunt, who lives in Honduras. (you will note by seeing the picture above that there is no latin in this boy!)... he actually inspired my entire meal before it was all over! So Here you have it:

Josh's Aunt from Honduras' South of the Border Guacamole!

First, you get a few large avacados (make sure they are soft), a purple onion, a tomato, lime and hot sauce
Next, take the avacado, peeled and with the seed removed and add it to the bowl with the tomato diced
Mash up the Avacado and tomato making sure it isn't too lumpy. Next, Add the red onion and lime juice. Now, I used a half a lime and squeezed. With the onion, start with a little diced and then add as you go tasting for flavor

Mix it up well and add salt to taste and hot sauce to your desired spiciness!
DELICIOSO!
Like I said, the baby and Josh helped inspire my dinner, I cooked up some LEAN turkey with Old El Paso taco seasoning and made some nachos with my toaster oven! MMM MMM GOOD!
Gracias Josh!

5249

No comments: